Download the mp3
Introduction / Podbits (00:16)
* Steve discusses his diagnosis with skin cancer and the impetus for the new skin cancer blog
* Joe brings up Steve's appearance on CNBC with Dan Lyons, the author of the Forbes cover slam story on blogs
* John Keehler's comment re. his father's reaction to watching Lyons on CNN
* Audio comment from the M Show reacting to Jaffe's smack comments
* Nielsen commercial ratings
What We're Blogging About (18:00)
Theme of the Week: The Power of Us (21:41)
* Joe talks about the Borg
* Steve discusses BusinessWeek recent cover story - The Power of Us; cites Lego as an example
* Sound bite: "The power of us is about affecting change"; talks about his son's experience
* Next week's theme: MSM - why can or can't they get it?
Winners and Losers of the Week (37:00)
Joe: Burger King (winner), Infinity Broadcasting (loser)
Steve: Wikipedia (winner), Microsoft (loser)
Steve and Joe discuss the optimal ATS podcast length.
Mentions: Thoma Gobay, Steve Hall from Adrants, American Copyrighter, Pee Wee Herman, Mr. Smithers, Neville Hobson, Blogging Enterprise conference, The Power of Many blog, The Community Guy, Andrew Denny, Jeff Jarvis, Dell, Terry Heaton, Nicholi Frank, Gary Cohen, Wisdom of Crowds, The Jarvis Effect, 43 Things, Digg, Alexa, Windows Live, Office Live, TechCrunch, Google, James Cherkoff.